Sunday, October 28, 2012

Click "Reset"

After some personal disappointment in my sheepdog 'game' , I was forced to set the dial on 'reset'.
Reset.
The world is new. Its an entirely new game.
There will be no worrying about qualifying for ....any damn thing. Not this year. Probably not next. Maybe never.
That did not make me happy.

I've always held goals for myself and my dogs. These keep my attention filled with the long term reach.
My goal , for recent trials is to give my dogs confidence-building experience , and , most importantly , to have a ROCKING GOOD TIME!

Target achieved.
Happier handler. Happier dogs.
My new game plan is slovenly, at best ,
No pressure. None. On me or my dogs. Fun will be had. NOTHING else matters.

The formally quirky, Miss Star is responding very well to our new minimalist regimen .
Being bums might be the best road for both of us.

Lord! I do feel like myself , and I'm liking it.
My dogs are happy , and surprisingly, performing better on sheep, then ever before.

No complaints.

Reset.
Total.

No comments:

Post a Comment