How many years has it been?
7. Maybe. More or less . 7 is close.
7 years ago I gave a good dog away. But I did it well.
Zeke went to live with a co-worker, when I determined that he would not make an open trial dog for me.
But Damn. Zeke and me had some good times on the pro-novice field.
When I became more ambitious in the sport of sheepdog trialling, Zeke went to live with a co-worker of mine. It seemed like a good deal for him : 2 masters, a lot of sheep to work , and no one bothering him with the pressure of competition.
Years and years pass.
I saw Zeke this week. He was at the place I work, for a vet-check, to update his anti-inflammatory s. Zeke is old now. His face is grey. His body is thick.
I would,nt have known him.
I. Would. not. have. known. him...
But he knew me .
Clearly.
No comments:
Post a Comment